Like cleaning a fireplace, wood stove cleaning is just as important to homeowners. There are several different types of wood stoves that we clean. For each one, we usually connect our truck-mounted vacuum to the stove to ensure a proper cleaning job. There are wood stove inserts, which insert into a fireplace and chimney, then there are free standing wood stoves. The process for cleaning these is as follows:
- We begin by protecting the floor and areas around the stove with tarps.
- We then connect our powerful truck-mounted vacuum to the stove.
- We then go to the top of the chimney and sweep it down with a wire chimney brush, or when the chimney is all metal we can use what is called a skipper from the bottom up to properly clean the inside walls of the chimney.
- We then return to the firebox and using the truck mounted vacuum we finish cleaning out the firebox of the stove.
- Finally, we pick up our tarps and replace any furniture that we may have moved.